Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Uncle Lee

+

I thought it apropos to post these two particular photos today as I received an email from my Uncle Lee stating that he would be spending a great deal of time working on plans for his 50th year reunion from the Naval Academy. New photos of the Seligman clan would be coming more sporadically than in the past couple of weeks.
The upper photo is Lee in dress whites as a plebe (1st year student).
The lower photo is one of him in 1960 the year he graduated.
Quite handsome in his uniform (civies too!). No wonder when I was four and a bit older as well, I would tell everyone that I was going to marry him someday!

Lee? Do you know you look somewhat like Elvis in the lower photo? Love you anyway!



4 comments:

Mason Fleske said...

Maybe it's the angle, but he really does resemble Elvis. Fun!

dardvl said...

Wow, the old man looks like a buck toothed kid as a freshman and a man with a purpose by the time he graduated. The comparison is amazing.
I guess the Navy really did make a man out of him.

dardvl said...

There are other photos where he looks even more like Elvis.

Seligman Past said...

So... I see that I am not the first to notice the resemblance. Do you think had Elvis had lived longer he would look like Lee?