Saturday, July 26, 2008

Back to Edgewater, MD - Labor Day 1940



These photos were also taken at the cottage belonging to my grandparent's dear friends Bobby and Selly.
You will hear me refer to them as Aunt Bobby and Uncle Selly.
Although not related by blood, they were the epitemy of a different lifestyle. And oh how they love us!
Their lives in comparison to what I remember of my grandparents was a more "lay-back" life.
On nearly every holiday I can remember at my grandparents, there were Aunt Bobby and Uncle Selly with hugs, smiles and kisses enough for everyone!
My grandparents would venture into "the country" on numerous visits during the year. I think the truth be known, my grandma would have preferred to visit with them in the city. My grandfather on the other hand relished his "country" time. It seem he would actually kick back, relax and just be.

No comments: