Sunday, July 27, 2008

Time for the family to meet




With all the talk about family history and such, it just dawned on me that the cousins have not even met and my children have never met their Great-Uncle Lee.
All of these photos are of my Uncle Lee and my two "baby" cousins Todd and Mark. I have a bit of trouble telling my cousins apart as I have only seen them once together and that was about six years ago. To me they look amazingly alike. So .... if I get the names wrong regarding the photos, my apologizes to them both.
The old fart in all three photos is my Uncle Lee (I say that lovingly). He lives in Long Beach, CA with Mark (when Mark is home anyway). Lee has been diligently scanning and sending me photos for this blog. The story of me finding him after nearly thirty years is what I consider a miracle! But I think you all know that story so I won't digress. You have already seen photos of Lee as a child and ones of him from the Naval Academy.
In the first photo, I think that is Mark on the left and Todd in the middle - only guessing.
In the second photo, I think that is Todd on the left of Lee and Mark on the right - again only guessing. To me they look like twins in this particular photo.
The third photo is (I'm nearly sure this time) Mark on the left and Todd in the middle.
Todd owns his own company, Dardvl Entertainment. If you want to learn more about your cousin Todd, just do a google search - there sure are a lot of hits! From professional BMX rider to current presidency of his own company. Todd will be getting married to the love of his life, Sian on October 5th of this year. I will post photos of the wedding when I return.
Mark chose a different path. Mark loves to work with his hands and his careers include a boat repair shop in Long Beach to off-shore oil drilling. Not sure exactly what Mark's title is, but I think he is more of a consultant than an actual worker on the rigs. Mark; did I get that right? I do know that Mark travels all over the country. Just recently he got stuck in Houston during hurricane Dolly. Was there way.... longer than he had hoped due to the storm.
Anyway... meet the Seligmans; Lee, Todd and Mark! Introduce yourselves - I'm sure they want you know you.

3 comments:

USNA Ancient said...

OK, Kiddo, you're batting one for three or .333 which is great for baseball, not so good for familial recognition:

[all left to right looking at pic]

Top pic: Todd, Mark, Wookie [the one with 4 legs] and me [only 2] at her new home on the avacado farm in Azuza [surprised me too ... there really is an Azuza and a Cucamonga too] ... (:o{ ...;

Middle pic: Mark, The Smartest Man in the World, & Todd aboard the Queen Mary for Thanksgiving Dinner '03 ... (:o{ ...;

Bottom pic: Mark, Todd & Handsome -not-quite-so-old fart @ Seligman, Arizona, March'96 ... HOORAY ... (;o} ... got this one right !

Seligman Past said...

OMG - that's aweful! I am so sorry guys. But remember, I have only met you once as adults and that was several years ago. To me you look sooooo much alike!

USNA Ancient said...

Hey, you got me right in all three, so what's the problem ?