Sunday, July 13, 2008

Since, the far past has not generated much enthusiasm from the family, I thought maybe my kids might like to see a couple of photos of their "old gray-haired" mother as a newborn. The first photo was taken of my mother and me in November of 1952 - probably just a couple of days old (perhaps my "coming home" photo). See, I was not born 55 years old with gray hair! Nor was I born "bald" as were my girls!

The second is one of my Great-Nana holding me in December of 1952 (duh - Christmas tree is a dead give-away as to the month). I did not know know Great-Nana as I understand she passed away a mere few weeks after this photo was taken. I think the photo was taken at my grandparents house on 16th Street as the fireplace looks very familiar to me.
Great Grandmother Mamie Herman Seligman was my grandfather's mother. There is a previous post with a photo of her before I was born.
I love these old classic photos - all the women look so prim and proper - true ladies! They remind me of a time when life was much slower and less stressful.




5 comments:

dardvl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dardvl said...

Awww such a cute baby.
Your Grandmother appears to be scowling in the last shot though. Not too much Christmas spirit eh?

Seligman Past said...

LOL - nice to see that you are reading the blog. I set this up not just for me and your Dad, but rather for you and Mark and my children and grandchildren so they would know something about their heritage.

I hope my brother is reading as well - it's his life I am posting too!

Seligman Past said...

That is our Great-Grandmother, Todd. It is my childen's Great-Great Grandmother (and you children's when you have them - hint - hint!)

I think I have her scowl - at least people accuse me of it.

USNA Ancient said...

Her diapers were probably full [Dotti's -then Dotsie- not my Grandmother's] !