Thursday, August 14, 2008

1955


As everyone knows, my Uncle Lee attended the Naval Academy and graduated from there in 1960. Along with scanning these photos for me, he has been diligently working on "stuff" for his 50th reunion.
I thought it appropriate to show you the photo he kept inside his dress cap for four years.
That's my brother Eric and me. I never knew he carried a photo of us that entire time. Call me a sap... but I find that very touching. Anyway the photo was taken in 1955. Eric would have been six and I three?... that sounds and looks about right. Thank you Lee for this photo - now that I see it again, I think Grandpa had this photo framed on his desk at work too.


OMG is that bow in my hair nearly as big as my head or what?! My mother must have either hated me or maybe it was just my hair - every baby and childhood photo of me looks like someone took a chainsaw to my hair!

1 comment:

Mason Fleske said...

Maybe that was a cut you gave yourself? Don't all children do that at least once in their lives?