Tuesday, August 19, 2008

1929 or 1930 - Probably 1929


This photo was taken either in late 1929 or early 1930.

That's Grandma Seligman pushing my mother May Seligman and walking beside I believe is my Auntie's (Aunt Alice) adopted daughter Jean.
They say I look a lot like my grandmother, but personally I don't see the resemblance - she sure was a beautiful woman!
Check out that baby buggy - what I would not give to have that now. That would be a true family heirloom - a keepsake forever! Looks like it was made for a doll instead of a baby - don't you think? Notice that the wheels are metal only - that must have been one bumpy ride!
Since Jean is in the photo - looking none to happy to be there - I would guess that perhaps Auntie took the photo.

1 comment:

Mason Fleske said...

Um, not sure that buggy would pass ANY safety standards these days. EEK! What a crappy handle to push with...look at her hunched over. No wonder women of that generation have hump backs!