Saturday, September 6, 2008

November 1971


Todd's wedding to Sian is in less than a month and that event has me very excited. This is the only baby photo I have of Todd. So now you see why I refer to Todd as "my baby cousin". I had just graduated high school and headed out to start my new life when Todd was born and started his.
This is how I had always remembered Todd until about six years ago I was able to reunite with Lee, Todd and Mark on Christmas Eve for dinner on the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA. Actually, Todd, Mark and myself rigged my visit up as a surprise. Lee had no I idea I was coming until he stepped into the bar a minute or so behind Todd and there I was. If I recall, the first words out of Lee's mouth were "I think I've been had".
The evening was very enjoyable and Lee and I have kept in contact ever since. Before that night it had been nearly 30 years since I had seen him and probably 15 since we had last spoken on the phone. I treasure all the family I have back in my life and hope to never loose track or touch with any of them again.

The only thing that would have made that night on the Queen Mary perfect would have been if Mark would have been there to join in the celebration. Unfortunately, Mark had the flu and had to stay at home. We drove to their condo after dinner though so I could at least meet Mark.
Anyway, the photo is of Lee, Dayna (Lee's wife at the time the photo was taken) and Todd. I will be seeing them all very shortly and can't wait!

I promise I will post wedding photos as soon as they are available. Todd and Sian are a beautiful couple - both inside and out.

No comments: