Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 1970


Lee must have taken this photo as he is the only one not in it. Left to right: Dayna holding Muffit, Me, Eric (very handsome in his blues), Grandpa Seligman and Grandma Seligman. They must be either greeting our arrival or seeing us off.
Either way this is one of the few photos that I have with Grandma, Grandpa and Eric - not to mention Dayna and Muffit. The photo would be complete if Lee were it it also. Oh well - guess someone had to take this picture!


Me and little miss Muffet.

Me and my personal shoe guy - Grandpa Seligman.


Just me sporting a new outfit. I think Grandpa even picked out my clothes too!

This time of year always finds my mind wandering back to fond memories of Christmas' past. The above photos were taken on Christmas Day, 1970 at the home of my Grandma and Grandpa Seligman in Silver Spring, Maryland.
As you can see, Grandpa is STILL picking out and fitting my shoes for me! Actually, I think I asked him the the new pair of saddle shoes, but expected he would have me come down to the store to have them fitted. To my surprise, they were wrapped and placed under the tree for me to open. Yes... they were a perfect fit - as always.
Unbeknownst to me at the time, this would be the last Christmas I would ever spend with them in their home. My grandfather passed away in 1971 and the next time I was to see Grandma at Christmas was in 1979 or 1980 in my home when she and my parents came to Macon, MO for the holidays. I have a photo of Grandma with Ryan, Tiffani and Cortni on Christmas Day. I am not totally sure of the year, but Cortni appears to be either 2.5 or 3.5 years old.
As I have told you all before, I treasure the times and the memories of holidays with my grandparents. This year for some reason was especially lonely without them.
I love you Grandma and Grandpa - I think you know that.







1 comment:

Mason Fleske said...

LOVE the hairdo! No, really! How stylish!!!